Sunday, July 1, 2012

New House

This post is way overdue as it has been exactly a month since I moved to a new house in Portland.  I am now living in the hip Sunnyside neighborhood off of SE Belmont Street.  I decided to move into this new place with some pretty rad girls who I've become good friends with this past year.  Laura is a family friend who moved to Portland from Virginia and works at Sseko Designs.  Mollie also moved from Virginia and is a med student at the National College of Natural Medicine.  Natalie is from Portland and just recently settled back in town after touring around the country for her amazing music.  Holly is living with us for the summer while she interns at Sseko and then starts the Oregon Fellows Program in September.  They are all awesome.

I feel like I'm just now getting settled in now that I'm back from Guatemala and I've loved living here so far.  We've already started checking out the nearby spots in order to become legit "locals".

Laura on our amazing back patio, our favorite part of the house

Belmont Market - where we buy ginger ale and gum

at Hobnob - this will be our official "local spot"

just hanging out at Aalto Lounge

The SE Portland Way
I just discovered this great resource last week: the SE Portland Tool Library.  Located in St Mark's Lutheran Church, any SE resident can go here to check out a wide variety of tools for free! How awesome is that?! I needed an electric sander to fix up a new dresser and was able to check one out here.  Sharing the resources we having and helping each other out... what a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment