Monday, June 9, 2014

Week in Texas

I was able to spend a little over a week in Texas at the end of May, which was so wonderful since my Texas trips are usually whirlwind weekends.  Having 9 days in Texas gave me the opportunity to spend good quality time with family and friends.
 
The first weekend I was in Texas, my whole family went to my sister's lake house for a belated celebration of my dad's 60th birthday.  I love being at the lake house with the family because there are no schedules or distractions or people coming and going - it's just good quality time together.

lots of time in the water!

there was plenty to do including playing baseball, jumping on the trampoline, laying in the hammock, and ping pong

tubing behind the boat

Happy birthday, Papa!

smores around the firepit

our own fireworks show

morning fishing off the dock in our pjs


I was able to work remotely and take a little time off so that I could stay in Waco during the week and then help host my friend Hannah's baby shower in Waco the following Saturday.  It was great to have some time to do day-to-day things with my family that I don't normally get to do...

brunch at Lula Jane's with my mom

(rainy) Memorial Day cookout with friends


Carter's tennis lesson

meeting the newest member of the Carter family: baby Luke Jr.

froyo to celebrate Hannah's last day of 1st grade

pool time at Uncle Les'

The baby shower the following weekend was wonderful - mainly because our close group of friends from college were all able to be together, which doesn't happen often.

the cute mama and shower hostesses

reliving the good ol' days at Baylor

just hanging around Waco after Sunday brunch
 
I loved being back in Texas for such a good amount of time with friends and family that I love and miss seeing more often!

1 comment: