Monday, March 28, 2011

Headed Back to Uganda

Today I leave for my 3rd trip to Uganda.  My mom, Aunt Judy, cousin Claire and I will visiting our family the McCalls at Restoration Gateway for nearly two weeks.  It's been 2 years and 2 months since I was last there and it still hasn't hit me that I'm finally making it back over.

I don't really know what to expect from this trip.  I'm excited to see everything that has changed at RG in the last two years.  I'm excited to see all of my Ugandan friends again.  But I'm most excited to share this experience with my family and see Uganda through their fresh eyes.

Other things I'm looking forward to:
- spending time outside in the sun
- no cell phones
- no agendas or obligations
- fresh mangos, pineapples, papaya
- amazing sunrises and sunsets
- playing Scrabble with the fam
- subconsciously speaking with a Ugandan accent
- the safari at Murchison Park
- sleeping in a hut
- spending time with the Ugandan people

I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories to share when I get back in two weeks!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
- St Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment