Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mary Poppins

Last night, my friends Erin, Kathy and I went to see Mary Poppins the musical... and it was magical.  I saw Mary Poppins in its opening season in London in 2006 when I was traveling with Baylor in Great Britain.  I've always liked Mary Poppins (maybe its because she has such a great name), but I love the musical!  I think it is even better than the movie - although it is hard to top Julie Andrews.

Keller Auditorium was packed with young children (with an overwhelming amount of girl scouts in the audience) which made it a fun atmosphere.  The actors were amazing, the set was incredible and the songs were spectacular.  My favorite numbers were Step in Time with the chimney sweeps and Supercalifragilistiexpialidocious (which took me back to the days of Baylor SING - skip to 4:20).

Mary Poppins and the girls

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!

Yes, Burt is dancing upside down on the stage frame. Magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment