Monday, December 28, 2009

A Texas Christmas

What a wonderful holiday I have had here in Texas! I was lucky enough to be able to come home for 2 whole weeks and have enjoyed being able to relax and spend lots of time with family and friends. I got to see almost all of my good college friends at Kate Bailey's wedding two weekends ago (what a beautiful and fun wedding!)... and my four best friends from high school and I all happened to be in Waco for Christmas and we rendezvoused at Barnes and Noble, our old hang out. All of my mom's family traveled from Pennsylvania, Arizona, Abilene and Dallas to Waco before Christmas for a little family reunion. I loved having everyone in the same house again - a once common occasion that has become a rare opportunity.

My parents, Sarah, Taylor, Carter and I all went to the 7th & James Christmas Eve service which is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. The music and readings were wonderful and watching Carter and all of the kids at the service was quite humorous.

On Christmas morning, all of the Waco Carters gathered at Sarah and Taylor's house for breakfast and to watch the little guy open his presents from Santa. I don't think he had any idea what was going on, but he sure loved his Tonka truck and fake remote control! The Belfs arrived in town that evening and we all enjoyed a yummy Christmas dinner and spending time together opening gifts. The kids were completely wound up and full of the Christmas spirit which made for a high-energy evening!

All of my dad's side of the family came in town the day after Christmas and we had a good time hanging out, eating Mexican food, and playing Taboo together.

The Christmas season is my favorite time of year and it has been a wonderful Christmas vacation here in Texas! We even got snow on Christmas Eve - who would have thought!

the aprons I made for Hannah and Alice Anne - this shot shows a little of the chaos of the kids opening presents!

calmed down and ready for a photo shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment