Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cozy Room

After living in my new house for 6 weeks, I have finally finished decorating my room. Come on in! Almost all of the items in my room were given to me by friends and family or remind me of someone special. Here are some pictures from my cozy bedroom on Rhone Street...



a sweet picture of baby Hannah given to me Christmas 2007, a book by Mary Carter that I stumbled across in Powell's Bookstore, a picture of my best college friends in front of the Eiffle Tower during Baylor in Great Britain, photo albums from my Uganda trips


crosses given to me by Sarah and other friends


my bedside table given to me by Uncle Les and Jennifer, a framed homemade cross collage made by Ashley Sullivan, and 2 of my favorite prayers


a family picture from Christmas 2009, in the small box is a rock by which to remember my hike of Ben Nevis in Scotland with Baylor friends, a picture of Ugandan children, and a board full of cards and letters from family and friends

a chest of drawers originally bought for $8 for Emily's nursery, a glass dish given to me for my birthday by Merrill, a silver cup given as Merrill's bridesmaid gift, a jewelry dish given as Whitney's house party gift, a jewelry bowl bought in Uganda, a picture of my sisters at Sarah's wedding, a Japanese painting given to me by Anne, and on the side wall a picture of one of my favorite paintings The Kiss introduced to me by Sydney

My Favorite Prayer by Thomas Merton

My Lord God, I have no idea where I'm going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seam to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful room! What's the little side piece of furniture w/the black top? You've done a great job of making it warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete