Monday, May 4, 2009

Free Shopping!

Yesterday evening, I went to my first "naked ladies party". Before you start blushing, let me explain. Its a party where women bring all the clothes, shoes, and accessories that they want to get ride of and we set up our own clothing exchange. This party gave me the motivation I needed to clean out my closet and let go of clothes that I haven't worn in years. So a group of ladies met at my friend Alyssa's house and we set up difference areas for shirts, pants, skirts, dresses and accessories. Then it was a free for all! We went through all of the piles of clothes and took the pieces that worked for us. I got a new dress and some shorts. All of the leftovers will be donated to organizations that provide clothing for homeless or low-income women. Apparently these parties are pretty popular up here and I think you guys should start them down in Texas!

4 comments:

  1. I've heard of that, but I can't remember where. You still have closets full of clothes down here also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming Mary! I had a lot of fun that night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My moms group has done this a few times. I went once and had fun getting new things for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea since I need to buy a whole new wardrobe. I have taken all my pants out of my closet that don't fit (about 35 pairs) but only replaced them with 3. I need to buy new scrubs but I have about $1000 worth and can't afford to replace them.... yet. Bought a new scrub outfit 2 weeks ago and it already doesn't fit. That's the good and bad about losing weight. : ) I enjoy your blog Mary. Between you and Brandon y'all keep me laughing.

    ReplyDelete