Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Solstice

Last night, Daniel and I ran in the Summer Solstice Six Mile Run in Vancouver, WA. We signed up along with 3 other coworkers and have been training together for the past month. Race day was warm (82 degrees) and sunny with a little wind. The course was scenic, fairly flat, and scattered with cheering fans and music (running to the Rocky theme is incredible, by the way). Daniel and I encouraged one another with a high five at each mile marker. We entered the race with no expectations and ended up both getting 1st place in our age division (top 3 runners not included)! Overall, I finished 9th out of 183 female runners with a time of 51:51. This was a great race to run while training for my Hood to Coast relay in August. I hope to have a few more races along the way.

on your mark... get set... go!

me and Daniel post race

an example of good running form

To Daniel: You finally made my blog! Thanks for being such an encouraging running partner and for not leaving me in the dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment