Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bad Rep

I admit it - I've been known to pull pranks a time or two, but I wouldn't consider myself a "prankster" by any means. Yesterday Dana, one of the program directors, walks into my office, gives me the eye and comments, "My jaw really hurts from those jaw breakers." I felt somewhat sympathetic, but mostly confused. "Oh, um, I'm sorry to hear that...?" "Yeah, I bet you are," he said sarcastically. "What? I don't know what you're talking about!" I quickly become defensive. "Yeah right. You know exactly what I'm talking about," he says as he rolls his eyes. We banter back and forth as I try to figure out why I'm part of this very odd conversation. Apparently, someone replaced several of Dana's golf balls (which are orderly arranged on a shelf in his office) with large, bright, colorful jaw breakers. After a few other coworkers saw the absurd wall decore, a consensus was reached that I was the culprit. Why they would even consider me a suspect is outrageous! I have to say, it is a pretty clever prank... so if I was responsible I would take full credit. However, I have started a full investigation and intent to find the guilty party and prove my innocence!

1 comment: