Monday, July 27, 2009

Heat Wave

It is 11:00pm and I have yet to cool off for the day. Portland reached a record high of 102 degrees today. It finally feels like summer! "No big deal," you say. You've been facing worse weather in Texas for the past 2 months. But you have air conditioning. That's right... no A/C for me. Now can I have a little pity? It's not too humid, so at least I can still run/roller blade/hike and not pass out (although I've gotten pretty close), but there's nothing like walking in the house and being hit by the stale heat due to no air conditioning. I ran to Target today to buy an oscilating fan. It blows air, but doesn't quite keep my room nice and cool. I'm not complaining, I'll take the northwest weather over the Texas weather any day, but I'll probably dream of a nice air conditioned house in Waco tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, honey, I do feel for you! I saw that it was predicted to be 102 today and tomorrow also!!! Try my "ice in the sock" trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard your weather news on NPR. Incredible! I hope your workplace is air-conditioned.

    ReplyDelete