Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fall is Here!

The glorious Portland summer is long gone and the dreary winter will be here soon. The Northwest Fall seems to briskly blow in and out, but it's wonderful while it lasts. The leaves have painted the town in vibrant hues of red, orange, and yellow. There have been many times lately when I have turned the corner of a windy road and am blown away by the colors lining the side of a hill or the way the leaves turn the sidewalk into a fall runway.

With Daylight Savings Time ending this past weekend, it gets dark around 5:30. I have found myself turning into bed earlier than usual and stifling yawn after yawn during the day. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come during Portland's "rainy season" when it is dark and dreary for 5 months straight. I may need to actually purchase a sun lamp - or maybe just take a trip to Hawaii!

1 comment: