So this past weekend was Mary's birthday. "This Mary", not "That Mary". I work with a lady by the name of Mary Hill (there is also a MaryBeth). Terry (not to be confused with Mary or another co-worker, Carrie), refers to Mary Hill as "This Mary" and me as "That Mary". So sometimes it gets pretty confusing.
Recap: This Mary, That Mary, Terry, Carrie and MaryBeth.
Anyway, this past weekend was That Mary's birthday, so yesterday I made cake balls to take to work today for her birthday celebration. Usually I make red velvet cake balls, but apparently people up here don't make red velvet cakes. I went to 3 grocery stores and could not find a red velvet cake mix! So I made funfetti cake balls instead... and they were a hit at the office!
You ask if I'm bribing my coworkers with yummy treats? Is that wrong? :)
1 boxed cake mix
1 (16 ounce) tub frosting
12 ounces chocolate chips
4 ounces white chocolate
* cream cheese frosting goes best with red velvet cake *
1. Bake cake according to package directions. Let cool completely.
2. Crumble cake mix in large bowl and mix in container of icing
(I find it is easiest to use hands or spatula).
3. Roll into 2 inch balls and freeze for about 1 hour.
4. Melt chocolate.
5. Dip balls in melted chocolate and set on waxed paper to dry.
6. Melt and drizzle white chocolate.
7. Let cake balls set in refrigerator.