Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ra Ra Riot

Portland is known for its great live music scene. Last night I went to my first concert here in the city. My friend Eric got us tickets to see the band Ra Ra Riot at the Doug Fir Lounge, Portland’s hottest music venue. I had never heard of this group before, so I downloaded their album onto my iPod this weekend and learned the songs. I really liked their music, but loved their live performance. The lead singer has a unique voice and the band includes a violinist and cellist which added a great sound! The performance was high energy and entertaining. I had a great time, but today I feel like a grandma: I’m tired and still can’t fully hear, but it was totally worth it!

Before the concert, Eric and I went to the Adidas Originals Store, a trendy Adidas sporting wear shop. Eric is a biotechnical researcher for the Adidas headquarters here in Portland and tests the kinesthetics of their basketball shoes. Every last Tuesday of the month, Adidas employees can get a 50% discount in the originals store - and so can their friends! So we did a little shopping there and I got quite a deal on a jacket and tote bag. It's nice to have connections!

1 comment:

  1. Hey honey.
    Sounds like a great concert! Is Eric the friend of Anne's? Love you!

    ReplyDelete