Sunday, February 8, 2009

Portland Spirit

This afternoon, I attended the Portland Blazers vs. New York Knicks NBA basketball game. My friend Esther got us tickets, so we walked across the Willamette River on the Steel Bridge and into the Rose Garden Arena. I enjoyed watching the first half of the game and clapped when Portland made a basket. But by the second half, I was on my feet cheering for my home team! It turned into an extremely exciting game and the Blazers ended up winning literally at the last second. The Knicks were ahead 108-107, but Brandon Roy got the ball with 3 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter and made the winning shot at the buzzer. The crowd went wild! When we walked outside, we were greeted by a drizzling rain. But our spirits weren't dampened - Go Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment