Thursday, March 19, 2009

Don't Forget Aunt Mary

So I called Taylor last night to wish him a "Happy Birthday" and have a nice conversation. That conversation turned sour, however, when he said that Carter no longer knows who his Aunt Mary is. What?! I've been gone for a month and a half and my favorite nephew forgets about me?! So I called to "talk" to Carter this morning, but he was taking a nap. So I told Sarah to show that little booger a picture of me as a reminder. She said they don't have a picture of me - thanks a lot! That is unacceptable. So I emailed my friend Eryn, Carter's babysitter who he probably thinks is his new aunt, and told her to show the little man a picture of me every time she babysits him.

I called Emily this morning to tell her the awful news... and she said that Hannah already forgot Aunt Mary and Alice Anne never even knew me! What is going on?! That awful fallacy was disaffirmed when I talked to Hannah (who I can always trust) and she told me that she missed me.

[sigh] I was starting to think you people had forgotten about me already. From now on, I require that Hannah, Alice Anne and Carter each look at these pictures of their favorite aunt who lives in Portland every day!

1 comment:

  1. How sad! H keeps asking me if you're in Africa!
    Don't even think about staying up there:)!

    ReplyDelete