Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Death by Chocolate

I LOVE chocolate.  I really do.  But there may be such a thing as too much chocolate after all.  I can't believe I just said that.

Tonight I decided to experiement creating a yummy chocolate dessert.  When I was in Texas for Christmas time, Sarah and I went to the annual "Kappa and Kin" holiday brunch.  That is where I first encountered a wonderful cupcake-meets-cakeball delicacy.  It was pretty much an upside down cupcake with hardened chocolate covering the top and sides.  It looked like a miniture chocolate top hat.  I have thought about it often since then and wondered how it was created.  This is what I figured: you make miniture cupcakes, let them cool, turn them upside down in a larger cupcake tin, pour melted chocolate over them and let them harden.  After some trial and error I realized that that is not the way to make the chocolate top hats.

So this is what I ended up with... dark chocolate mini cupcakes with the tops dipped in chocolate and white chocolate drizzled over the top.  I'm taking these to our home community girl's night tomorrow.  These are dangerously rich and should only be consumed with a tall glass of milk.




The Joy of Cooking
It's been a long couple of weeks and I have been exhausted each night when I get home.  But baking is my idea of a relaxing evening.  It's enjoyable and even a good way for me to relieve stress.  What is it that you really enjoy doing?  Or that helps you unwind at the end of the day?

5 comments:

  1. How many calories are there in just looking at your photo and drooling? I wish you could send me one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Judy, funny you should say that... check your mail for a sweet treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mary! Did you get the cookie at a discount, since his popularity has waned somewhat? Either way, it is a great treat and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My idea of a relaxing evening is eating something that you've baked...with a cup of coffee and a good book! Those look so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My relaxation comes from getting my mind off whatever has made it cramp up. That can be internet surfing, genealogy research, a good old movie, or a book, all with a nice glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete