Tuesday, April 7, 2009

March Madness

Say hello to the champion of the 2009 Murdock Bracket Challenge! That's right - this little ol' girl from Texas who has only been here for 2 months has risen to the top. Many of my coworkers have entered this tournament year after year hoping to come out victorious, but this year I swooped in and claimed the victory! Shoot, I didn't know what the heck I was doing as I filled in the bracket a month ago, but apparently that doesn't matter. So besides bragging rights, I have also won the choice of menu for our next staff meeting. In response to this morning's announcement, I sent out the following email:


I’m not exactly sure how I pulled this off, but I am willing to come back next year and offer bracket consulting. Unlike Kathy, however, the price might be a little steep (winning doesn’t come cheap)! My current strategy: of the two opposing teams, pick the one located in the place you would rather live. Looks like I might be moving to North Carolina soon!


I’m sure you’re all wondering what the staff meeting menu will be. I have a new favorite meal: tofu omelets with a special ingredient (fish sauce). Don’t knock it until you try it – and everyone must try it.


Mary

Okay, maybe I'll stick to my Texas roots and choose enchiladas, beans and rice, chips and queso, and Texas sheet cake!

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Congrats! I like your strategy. You must be kin to your mom. Remember...always play the 1st card on your left in "hearts". It's a winner every time!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you hadn't mentioned your bracket selections lately I assumed your picks had faded after a roaring start. Shouldn't have underestimated you. I suppose ESPN will be offering you an analyst job soon. Can't go wrong with a Mexican menu. Way to go, Mare!!

    ReplyDelete